Post by belfieldhappyhour on Feb 20, 2019 19:48:31 GMT -5
Saul with a turn-around fadeaway with 10 seconds left in the half, I'm sure that was what Ash was looking for. Come on man. Didn't come into play, but fouls were 7-3 in the half. Beatty and Brookins had 2 apiece
1) go strong with a two hand jam on OSUn and show him who’s boss; if you can’t do that there’s no sense taking the ball to the hoop with finesse
2) Carter is doing a good job fronting Lofton but he has got to learn how to run a fast break
3) stop the lazy long diagonal passes across the court; they are too long
4) take the ball to the hoop of a pick; they are too long to go one on one all night especially if with OSUn on the back line
5) see 4 and slip a big cutting behind Osun- he wants to block everything and the weak side is exposed. It doesn’t matter if it is Pookie or JK slipping behind him, because if he extends they are completely vulnerable
6) bring back Carter and then deny Lofton the ball and run trap pressure away from Lofton where the ball handling is weaker; basically repeat the first four minutes of half 1. And rotate Carter and Beatty to stay fresh on the dent pressure on Lofton. That worked well and knocked SBU’s offense off balance
7-3 fouls is a joke but we need to drive off picks and cut behind OSUn to reverse that.
It's late in the season and trying to post the bigs is not happening...to much for 2 freshmen and a sophomore who hardly played last year...this team plays well when Pookie Shaggy Beatty Saul Traci are doing the bulk of the scoring...And Osunn would not have fit in Ash style of play..he is not mobile and cant stretch the floor..Next year the kid Stone will help big time along with Ed and Jared
I have no idea what that means but take away Powell and Deas shooting(8-16) and the rest of the team is 3-16. Again ZERO trips to the foul line.
He bricked back-to-back shots and it felt like he hadn't made anything all night, then I looked at the boxscore.
So you missed the 3-5 during the game otherwise? I wish the rest of the team besides Deas and Powell showed up offensively tonight.
Wow the Dump on Deas Show tonight continues. Kale just gave the stat recap and said " Pookie Powell was 4-7 from three. Anyone else not named not named Pookie Powell was 2-10." Geez, Deas is shooting 50% from three (2-4) and he gets lumped in the rest of the bunch. Common On Kale.
Last Edit: Feb 20, 2019 20:00:46 GMT -5 by jellybean